Canyon De Chelly, Chinle, Arizona

Canyon De Chelly, Chinle, Arizona

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Setting Sun

As the sun sets I am reminded how lucky and privileged I am to be here. A hard day of work is over and although on call I can enjoy the warm Arizona sun. Every day is in the low 90s now and will be so through September. However, it does cool off here at night in the high dessert to the low 50s by about 0500. The practice of Pediatrics here include lots of "sports physicals" as the new school year starts on August 1 and no one wants to miss practice in July. The big fall sports here besides football are cross country and volleyball. The runners do very well in statewide competition as most practices you run through lots and lots of sand and wind. I have yet to master the art of "sand running" but the Navajo say to make like a lizard to run in the sand. Somehow I may learn the technique but it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment